There are a few things you will notice about the blog. First, the cigarette timer is missing. I tried to update my countdown timer and it restarted both timers. Ugh. So I removed it. The other timer is now counting up my days of unemployment. I have been in the dumps since last Wednesday, but I am slowly pulling myself out. My job defined who I was in my community. I don't know how to act. I am grieving. I have a ton of ideas and tasks swirling around in my head and I don't know quite how to begin. What have I done so far this week?
- Yesterday I filed for unemployment and I went to class.
- I called to have some old, broken down furniture and other unnecessary items removed. The haulers are coming today. The company is only going to charge me $35 because I am a friend of the owner's mother.
- I scheduled my criminal background check and testing at my graduate program. I have been putting this off and it has to be done by August 15th. I go in tomorrow at 10.
- Today we go in to the YMCA and get signed up. I have been waiting to do this until I am unemployed because we will get a scholarship.
- We are also going bed shopping for Ray today.
- There is no word on the house I told you about the other day, but I am keeping my options open.
- On Thursday and Friday I will work for the landlord and clean two apartments. I hope to take at least $200 off next months rent by doing this.
Ray has been attending therapy once per week and taking guitar lessons. I don't know how much it's helping...On Saturday we are headed to Cleveland for an overnight and visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We are also attending the Burning River Fest which is a two day music food, and environment fest commemorating the burning of the Cuyahoga River. My friend Sarah is coming with us and will split all of the costs. It will be our big summer fling!
On to the Weekly Money check-up courtesy of My Pretty Pennies: